ant-dev mailing list archives

From dona...@mad.scientist.com
Subject Re: Why Properties became immutable
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:27:11 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, David Walend wrote:

> My gut take on how to do this was: set up server-jars and client-jars
> targets, each of which sets properties for generic classes (calls javac)
> and jars (calls jar) targets. But this won't work due to immutable
> properties.
>
> What's a good approach to solve this problem in ant?

The best approach (and the one I use) is to just put all
source in one spot and compile to another. When you are
javadocing and jarring then just be selective about which
bits you put in which jars. Currently javadoc is a PITA to
do this with as there is no equivelent to include/exclude
however I believe this was recently mentioned and will be
fixed in future ???

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     |                        |
| Bundoora, Australia     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Office: PW220           |    ring a bell ?       |
| Ex: 2503                |                        |