ant-dev mailing list archives

From dona...@mad.scientist.com
Subject Re: [RFE] Incremental mode for Ant
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:23:54 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, James Duncan Davidson wrote:
> Hmmmm... Or maybe just another entry point class. Instead of
> org.apache.tools.ant.Main, create a org.apache.tools.ant.LoopMain which
> called Main each time it was told to.

The problem is not so simple as you have to play with
classloader but it is certainly possible.

> Start up times are going down I think. I used to feel that pain, but either
> I've been getting used to it (I don't think so) or I'm getting faster
> machines (well, yes, I am.. :)

I still have to deal with *developers* working on 350's
(Crazy I know but ...)

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     |                        |
| Bundoora, Australia     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Office: PW220           |    ring a bell ?       |
| Ex: 2503                |                        |