ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mariusz Nowostawski <mari...@marni.otago.ac.nz>
Subject Re: [Proposal] create ant-users mailing list
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:07:21 GMT
> there have been complaints (and they are right) from people who use
> Ant but are not interested in the internals, that this list is more of
> a high traffic list and that they don't want to see the commit
> messages.

This is indeed a very interesting problem.. which on some others mailing
lists occupies periodically tens of messages ;o)
The issue pointed out by some people is, that if the 'user' mailing
list will be occupied only by people to whom commits are annoying, it
might happen that there will be not-that-many knowledgable people to
answer newbies questions, and newbies will sign up and post questions to
'dev' list anyway.

However, assuming that on 'users' all commiters and experts will be
promptly answering questions, I think it might be great idea ;o) and it
might indeed reduce traffic on 'dev' list.
So, if we are voting, I think we can give it a go.

cheers
Mariusz