ant-dev mailing list archives

From dona...@mad.scientist.com
Subject Re: Build tool decision **
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 02:28:12 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Vijay Raghavan wrote:
> So here is the question:
> Does ANT have any known stability issues? Is there a problem with, say,
> compiling thousands of Java files at a time.

Well some of my builds go for about 6 hours and include
close to 100 targets. This is running on with 128 MB memory. Most
of these targets aren't javac stype targets thou (mainly
java targets).

> Can someone give me a feel for the size of projects ANT has been tried
> with?

The largest build of java files I have seen is about 1200
.java files and this works fine on linux with jikes. I heard
it brakes on win32 thou. I believe comments have been in
list archive. Basically it broke sending more than 400
parameters to commandline program. This can be fixed but is
yet to be (unless done it latest exec work).

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     |                        |
| Bundoora, Australia     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Office: PW220           |    ring a bell ?       |
| Ex: 2503                |                        |