ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: Example on web page
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 02:45:05 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, David Walend wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Barrie Treloar wrote:
>
> >         - Remove <include> in javac as this should be done
> >           automatically.
>
> Barrie,
>
> Can you verify that this is OK? In my setup (Using the July 18th 1.1 ant
> release) if I don't have this <include name="*.java"/>, the javac task
> copies the build.xml file into the build directory.

As Stefan pointed out the 1.1 build still has the deprecated
functionality that copies support files from the src to the dest directory.

The problem occurs because you use:
        <property name="src" value="."/>

I would suggest that you use a directory hierarchy similar to jakarta
projects which put all source in the "src" directory.  So use

        <property name="src" value="src" />

This will mean that it won't copy any files unless they are in the src
directory and hopefully it will only contains .java files.

Add a comment to the javac target that warns of the deprecated
behaviour.

        <!-- The javac target has deprecated behaviour which copies
        support files from the src to the dest directories.  Use
        copydir with include/exclude values instead of the deprecated
        behaviour -->

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---