ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Walend <dwal...@eecs.tufts.edu>
Subject Re: Why Properties became immutable
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:42:01 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> on 7/25/00 7:18 AM, Stefan Bodewig at bodewig@bost.de wrote:
>
> > Actually <property> already is at the same level as <target>. I now
> > regret we didn't take the full swing to forbid placing them inside of
> > targets.
>
> Here's a vote for doing exactly that... properties belong as project
> children only.

I have what I think is a dumb newbie question. I have no doubt this thread
is over my head.

I have a source tree with client code, server code, and common code
intermangled.

I'd like to set up ant to just build the .jars for the server, or just
build the .jars for the client.

My gut take on how to do this was: set up server-jars and client-jars
targets, each of which sets properties for generic classes (calls javac)
and jars (calls jar) targets. But this won't work due to immutable
properties.

What's a good approach to solve this problem in ant?

Thanks,

Dave