ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Higginbotham" <ja...@momentumsoftware.com>
Subject Calling a task from another task directly?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 22:15:40 GMT
All,

I have a possible need to execute the building of a JAR for generating a
pre-deployment EJB in WebLogic. I have considered constructing a custom task
to handle the creation of the JAR and calling WebLogic's EJBC althougher,
rather than forcing the build.xml file to first define a JAR task and then
calling my EJBC task. If I did this, would this break a design guideline of
Ant? Is there a better alternative? I know that Conor is working on a
WebLogic task, but it is only supporting WL 4.5.1, and my beef is with WL
5.1 which uses .jar files rather than .ser files for doing all of the
generation magic. Thoughts, suggestions?

Regards,
James