ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Fennell" <tfe...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Feedback on first uses of Ant
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:08:12 GMT
Hey Malcolm,

> We had to add support for -docletPath to get our custom javadoc doclets to
> work. The javadoc taskdef doesn't quite correctly anticipate scenarios
when
> the standard doclet is not used. Also, javadoc requires all the package
> names. As far as I know, you can't say "all the packages below this
> directory", so this is the only reason we have to keep a package list. We
> had to do this in our imake system and it was a great bonus to be able to
</snip>

Maybe I'm missing something here....but if I tell Javadoc to build
com.foo.bar.* it will recursively build that package and all packages under
it. Works well for me. Full target included for fun:

<javadoc sourcepath="${sourceDir}"
         destdir="${docDir}"
         packagenames="com.sapient.framework.*"
         author="true"