ant-dev mailing list archives

From mpfoe...@ThoughtWorks.com
Subject RE: javac Task Using Jikes with Large Number of Files
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 02:44:07 GMT

there seems to be a 32k limit on size of the args passed into Runtime.exec
() on windows. Here's a hack that gets around the problem by dumping the
args into a temp file, and calling "jikes @tempfile":

(See attached file: patch.txt)

                    "Conor MacNeill"

                    <conor@cortexebusine        To:     <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    ss.com.au>                  cc:

                                                Subject:     RE: javac Task Using Jikes with
Large Number of Files
                    07/13/00 09:32 PM

                    Please respond to

                    ant-dev

Ant doesn't use Runtime.exec to invoke Javac. Javac is invoked in the same
VM as ant as a class and not in a separate process.