ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: !oh yeah!
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 19:37:44 GMT
Yes, I also think that a GUI (HTML based?) tool to manipulate
that XML is the missing link to have everybody happy. And
XSLT can help a lot on the implementation of such GUI... if
HTML based.

I also think it is quite difficult to beat XML in representing
complex structures. It is the only text based format I know
that has no problems with deeply nested structures.

And even using a text editor, you usualy do not have to write
everything. Usualy it is a copy/paste/edit oriented task.

I guess it is a bit like beer: you take sometime to get use
to it before it becomes your favorite thing.

If you do not like beer, chances are that:
  1. You did not try enough;
  2. There is no good beer where yo live.

So... take care of producing good XML an trying it enough.

Have fun,

Paulo Gaspar