ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Anthony Cotton" <tcot...@bvg.com>
Subject FW: Ant 1.1 Problem
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:09:50 GMT
Hi all,

Worked around the problem but seems kludgy... java.home
was pointing to C:\ProgramFiles\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3 probably
due to the "Java Plug-in" support that I recently installed.

I copied Tomcat's servlet.jar file to the associated ext
directory and everything ran fine. It seems that setting
the tomcat.home property is not all that's needed.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

TIA,
Tony Cotton

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Cotton [mailto:tcotton@bvg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 4:14 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Ant 1.1 Problem

Hi all,

Pulled down the new Ant 1.1 today and am having problems
not picking up environment variables.
I'm NT4 SP5/JDK1.3/Tomcat 3.1/Ant 1.1 and I set up a Task
in my build.xml to simply ECHO the following;

   java.home - comes up C:\ProgramFiles\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3
               when should be d:\jdk1.3
   ant.home - is picking up my environment variable properly
   tomcat.home - comes up ${tomcat.home}

I can set properties in my build.xml to define my missing
tomcat.home but I can't seem to override java.home and my
compilations are failing on import problems.

TIA,
Tony Cotton