ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: WIBNI for Javac Task
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 00:43:14 GMT

Yes and No :-)

Say you want to compile just a single package (selecting it with an include
element), the javac task will determine all files in that package that need
to be recompiled and pass these to the javac tool. Now the tool will examine
these files and determine the classes upon which these files depend. Say
some of these dependencies are not in the list passed from the javac task.
The javac tool needs to find (or generate) a .class file for these
dependencies. If it can't find the .class file in the classpath it will try
to generate it by finding and compiling a .java file in the source path. The
full algorithm it uses for this search is described in the javac tool
documentation.

Conor