ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject RE: Javadoc patch
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2000 23:46:39 GMT

Ant tries to be very accommodating with regard to paths. So it will try to
interpret paths using both : or ;. Also paths may be put together with
fragments from different systems.

As an example, say you have the following

  <property name="classes" value="c"/>

  <property name="build.classpath" value="${classes}:${junit.home}"/>

Where c is a subdirectory containing your classes and junit.home is supposed
to be passed in from the external environment. If on a windows system you
set junit.home to d:\path (say its some project wide environment variable),
then the resulting value of build.classpath is

I would want that to be understood as a path consisting of c and d:\path.

Conor MacNeill
Cortex eBusiness

View raw message