ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: WIBNI for Javac Task
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 23:47:01 GMT

The issue is that Erich's directory structure does not match his package
structure. I am not sure this is a good idea. When javac (the tool, not the
task) is compiling a class and it cannot find a class upon which the current
class depends, it attempts to find a source file, mapping the package
structure to the sourcepath. Have a look at "SEARCHING FOR TYPES" in the
Javac documentation. In all our projects, our source directory structure and
package structure match.

Erich, would you consider aligning your source tree with your package
structure?

Conor