ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Frederic Lavigne" <f...@L2FProd.com>
Subject RE: [RFE] Incremental mode for Ant
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2000 19:17:59 GMT
Hi,

<snip>
> I see that someone has proposed a GUI which looks kinda nice. It currently
> seems geared to building ant files rather than running them. I am also not
> sure if this code will be contributed as it seems to depend on a library,
> etc, etc.

I'm working on AntHill. AntHill will be available under GPL.

AntHill is currently able to build a selected target or the default target.
Messages (output) is directed to a specific JTextArea.

I'm encountering problem to stop the build process if ant started some exec
tasks (runtime.exec()).

I made the choice to run Ant from AntHill (in the same VM and an other
Thread).

If I start a long running target like Javadoc and I want to interrupt it, I
use theThread.interrupt();
It succesfully interrupts the thread but not the command (Process) started
by the Javadoc task.

I didn't find any way to get all the processes started by ant during the
build.
So I'm not able to interrupt it :(