ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Laird" <Laird.Nel...@time0.com>
Subject RE: [RFE] Default Help target on error ?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:14:43 GMT

Ooh, this sounds like a good idea.  I'd like to expand this idea a bit.

I think nmake allows a makefile to have a tiny bit of procedural logic in it
that verifies that everything is in place and ready to go, and if it isn't,
then it errors out with a message.  I'd love it if ant provided similar
functionality.  What if this help idea and an
error-out-if-platform-isn't-set-up-right functionality were combined?  Am I
making sense?

Cheers,
Laird