ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Classpath issues
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:55:24 GMT
on 7/26/00 2:21 AM, Stefan Bodewig at bodewig@bost.de wrote:

> DWF> Indeed, this is the case.  I can get the PATH environment from
> DWF> the java.library.path property.  When I set my PATH to that, it
> DWF> all works.  This is not a problem, but something one must be
> DWF> aware of.
>
> Is this documented anywhere? The list of properties that are "always
> included" in the javadocs to System.getProperties doesn't list it.

The almanac lists them -- but they do vary from place to place with the
props that each VM person throws in. Seems like I write something like the
following every once in a while just to see what's local (and this isn't
tested code!)

import java.util.*

public class SysPropsLister {

        Properties props = System.getProperties();
        props.save(System.out, "System Properties Dump);
    }
}