ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Why Properties became immutable
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:42:08 GMT
on 7/25/00 8:31 PM, Jose  Alberto Fernandez at JFernandez@viquity.com wrote:

> So, does this means that <properties> set in the subproject should override
> properties set in the parent project? Is that the current behaviour? I thought
> it wasn't. Please correct me if I was wrong.

Don't know. I didn't implement the subproject stuff. And for all my
comments, use a bit o salt as I am *incredibly* busy with everything else I
do and don't get to spend any time here. <sniff> -- so treat them as
advisory please.

> What it would make sense is that properties passed in the call to <ant> task
> should take precedence to values set in the subproject. Does this looks clean
> enough or does it seem like spagetty code to you all?

Makes sense.. You just need to have clear order and clear precendence. IE,
when a subproject is created, the properties listed get set a certain way
overriding the defaults in the build.xml file -- just as would happen if you
set properties on the command line.

.duncan