ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Ant 1.1 Problem
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:23:03 GMT

You've been caught by the change to the <property> task.  Once a property
value is set, its set for good.  During a project startup, all the system
properties are reflected into the project properties.  Thus, they can't be
changed from within a project.  The only way to override it currently is
from the command line.  So you would need

... -Djava.home=BLAH ...

in your call to ant.

Stefan et al., you probably want to put a warning into the readme or the
index.htm docs.  It seems that a number of 1.0.8 users are getting bitten
by this change.

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805