ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: TimeStamp dependent target execution
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:13:25 GMT

Point taken from both Stefan and Marius.  I guess I'm just a little gun shy
lately.  I've been using the old April release of Ant for too long now, and
it didn't have all the flexibility that the current CVS release has.  I
went through some serious hoops to get our very modular build working by
creating extensions to the available task and creating new ifdef and ifndef
tasks.  It makes for a very flexible but difficult to understand build
file.  With the latest release, I can reduce a lot of that complexity (if
they ever give me the time... :-).

At any rate, I like the idea of a transform task, but doesn't that bring up
a number of issues that got hashed out about a month ago about making Exec
a MatchingTask?  I don't remember all the details, but I do remember a
rather lively discussion. :-)

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805