ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject RE: Using old ant.jar in build.bat?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:07:57 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote:

> In general, therefore, I would not make use of the new code in
> build.bat which adds all the jars to the classpath, since I don't
> expect any jars to be there except ant.jar. I think it would be
> interesting to add this behaviour to the ant/ant.bat driver
> scripts, though.

I added that logic at the same time I added jaxp.jar and parser.jar to the
distribution.

Arguably, I should have added this to ant.bat/sh instead.

Is the consensus that:

   Bootstrap is for a complete clean rebuild from source

   Build.bat/sh is tailored for building Ant

   Ant.bat/sh is general purpose for building any project

If so, it is my preference that we should clean up so that the bootstrap
script calls the build script which calls the ant script.  Single point of
maintenance and reduced confusion.

The build script certainly could set ant_home to ".".

- Sam Ruby