ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant /taskdefs TaskOutputStream.java
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 02:23:23 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Sam,
>
> Sorry - should have checked the package for TaskOutputStream. I put it
> where I thought it should go. As this is not supposed to be specific
> to a single task, I view it as part of the ant infrastructure and
> believe it should be in the core package rather than the taskdefs
> package.

Don't worry about it...and if you don't like the way I fixed it, fix it
right.

> Also I don't really agree with the concept of a "current task". When I
> can get async tasks in there may be more than one current task. I would
> rather see each task identify itself when logging messages.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm not thrilled with Target modifying Project.currentTask directly myself.

Suggestion: since all tasks inherit from Task, why not introduce a log
method which simply calls project.log adding a "this" pointer.  Most code
retains its simplicity (actually, gets even simpler be removing the
"project."), and addresses the scoping and synchronization issues.

- Sam Ruby