ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: ANT own nightly builds
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 11:23:37 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Yes, I've seen you proposal but didn't have much time to comment.
> Have there been responses other than those posted to this list?

No, I've been disappointed by the amount of feedback.  But I have been
pressing on anyway.

> Anyway, I guess the nightly build process as it is won't pickup
> the new features we add to ant at all, as I doubt it will use
> the install target - and therefore it won't replace the Ant
> version used to run the nightly build at all.

Costin's nightly build process uses a single Ant script to drive everything
from the extract to the individual builds.  As such, it uses the same
version of Ant throughout.

I'll try to take a look at posting a separate nightly build of ant on
Jakarta, based on bootstraping from source.

- Sam Ruby