ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Kira <ak...@ehatchery.com>
Subject RE: Exec task does not stop after program error.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:01:21 GMT
I second that proposition.  It would be nice if there was an option to
continue the ant script even if a certain .java file don't compile.  I am
new to this group, so I don't know if this has been implemented.  But
perhaps we can add an "ignoreError" flag in the javac task or any other
tasks that may require it.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre, Sebastien [mailto:spierre@rational.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 3:30 PM
To: Ant
Subject: Exec task does not stop after program error.

Hi folks!

Here's a weird stuff : ant doesn't stop when you exec a program that
returns an error.
For example I have a python script that validates a bunch of XML files,
and I'd like my makefile to stop when my script returns an error code -
but ant just doesn't care and continues - which leads to unecessary
processing.

I think it would be cool to have an option in the exec task that would
just let us specify if we care or not about the execution's result [as a
way to set some env vars for the command]. BTW, why do ant need a
platform-dependant shell-script to start a command ???

Thx,
Seb.

--
Sebastien Pierre.-  spierre@rational.com \ French gov stole my liberty
R a t i o n a l   software | XML          \ see why/how on