ant-dev mailing list archives

From Burkley Frederick G NPRI <Burkle...@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil>
Subject RE: jdk 1.1.7B
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:37:00 GMT
I originally had problems with java.exe under my system32 directory.  I
develop with jdk1.1.8 and jdk1.2.2.  I had to set my PATH correctly to
ensure I run with the VM I think I am running with.

That is, %JAVA_HOME%\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;...

This may be a good thing to put in a FAQ list.

Fred Burkley

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@m64.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 5:13 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: jdk 1.1.7B

Christian,

Ant is able to compile with 1.1 (I can compile it with 1.1.8, which I do
regularly). I no longer have 1.1.7b installed. You need to make sure that no
Java 1.2 components are in your path. To be sure, run ant with the -verbose
option. Ant will tell you, amongst other things, what version of the JDK it
thinks you are running.

If you are running on windows then one possible reason for this problem is
that the JDK installer puts a copy of java.exe in the system32 directory.
Can you let me know if this is an issue for you. If so, I will make an entry
in the FAQ about it.

Conor