ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Urgent help with Javac task
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:45:06 GMT

The point here is that there is a problem with the "modern" option
which people seem not wanting to address since jikes is around.
If someone can give some hints on what is wrong with javac I may try
to do something about it.

> >Finally, does any one know the reason why ant's binaries do
> not ship with
> >its own copies of JAXP binaries in its lib directory? I see
> no reason why we
> >need to go to javasoft and download JAXP and pollute our
> classpath. Notice
> >that we do not need to pollute it for ANT, but just for
> JAXP. Is there any
> >issue on shipping binaries for JAXP?
>
> well you can also download xerces.jar from apache website (at
> least the CVS
> version works :P). So that may be an option.

I have xerces and use it but that is not enough, ANT requires jaxp.jar
to be able to work, but the distribution does not come with it.
Is there any reason for this? Can we have the jar file for jaxp as part of
the binaries in ant/lib. That would be just great.