ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Forslund <...@lanl.gov>
Subject Classpath issues
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:56:48 GMT
I want to use a classpath from ant and send it on as a argument of a
separate program that is being executed.
It could be set as an environment variable for that task (under exec), but
I don't see how to set an environment variable for an exec task.  The
problem is that I can build up a classpath, but it will have "\" and "/" in
it.  When the
task is executed by ant, all the "\" are removed (I guess they are simply
taken as passing the next literal through).  As a result the classpath
argument is completely incorrect and my application fails.   How can I get
Ant to pass
through the classpath literally (or better, make sure that it has proper
classpath syntax).  The <classpath /> item doesn't work in this case
because it isn't an explicit argument of the exec task.

Any suggestions as to how to do this correctly, would be greatly appreciated.

David W. Forslund                               dwf@lanl.gov
Advanced Computing Laboratory           http://www.acl.lanl.gov/~dwf
Los Alamos National Laboratory          Los Alamos, NM 87545
505-665-1907                                    FAX: 505-665-4939