ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: [BUG] ANT task
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:49:56 GMT
Glen_Stampoultzis@ansett.com.au wrote:
> I think I have found a bug with the ant task.
>
> The ant task seems to ignore the basedir setting for the project.  I have a base
> directory set to ".." but when I run an ant subtask it seems to default to the
> directory where build.xml resides.  Is this normal behaviour?

I also had problems with this: in fact it seems to base things off the
current VM working directory (even worse). So e.g. I have a master
script in foo/ dir, basedir=".", which calls <ant dir="../bar"/>, and in
sister bar/ dir there is a build.xml. If you run Ant from foo/, it works
fine. But starting at the top, and running ant -buildfile foo/build.xml,
I get an error that it could not find "../bar/build.xml". I agree, for
consistency with other paths the <ant> dir should be relative to the
current project's basedir. This is in 1.1 released version.

Perhaps in Ant.java, setDir and setAntfile should take File arguments
vs. String, and dir==null should set dir to the current fully-qualified
basedir?

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR