ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rvau...@seaconinc.com>
Subject Re: XSLT (was Re: Immutable Properties in 1.1?)
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2000 04:33:40 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> One could used in-lined Stylesheets.The styleshet embeded in the
> ANT file. Xalan knows how to deal with this kind of thing.
> We would just need an option on ANT indicating the file should be passed
> thru Xalan and listen to the event produced by Xalan instead of the parser.
>
> No need for two passes with that....
>
> Jose Alberto

Depends on your preferred style, I guess.  I have always liked splitting my
complex rules into separate files so that the main file looks clean.  In this
case, my first pass behaves like Imake - which means that it only runs when a
build file or a template gets updated, saving build time in most cases.  And
yes, I'm using Xalan from the command line to do this.  Works like a charm.

roger