ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rvau...@seaconinc.com>
Subject Re: Immutable Properties in 1.1?
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:22:10 GMT
Stefan,

This is in answer to the statement in the core spec in the latest source
distribution:

"Note: The current version of Ant allows the System property list to be
consulted for a return value if the property list doesn't satisfy the
requested property name. As all Java code has access to the system
property list via the java.lang.System class, this functionality is
considered to be confusing and to be removed."

I read this as saying that even read access to the system properties is
being removed.  Did I misinterpret?

I like your answer though - I believe we need read access, but write
access to system properties should definitely be prohibited.

roger