ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <Sergey.Udalt...@artificial-life.com>
Subject Re: Anyone writing a StarTeam Task?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:26:57 GMT
I just give my personal opinion.

> 1) Simply use an exec task to spawn the stcmd, just as you would CVS or VSS.
Not very interesting, since most of users already have this ability.

> 2) Use the StarGate API, which would allow in-VM invocation of the client
> (it comes with the SDK) rather than an exec task.
That's it!

> Either method would require:
> a) the ant build script to search for stcmd or the SDK in the system
> PATH/CLASSPATH and either build or not build the task, since it to be an
> optional tag
Sad. But that's the only option we have. Probably, someday someone will
reverse-enginieer ST protocols and create LGPLed library...

> I am considering:
> a) Building the task as an exec task to prevent the SDK dependency
> b) Building the task as generic as possible to allow check-in,check-out,etc.
> In other words, make it mirror the command line args
> c) Later, build some additional tasks for specific check-in, check-out
> tasks.
Probably, start with c)? Simple "exec" task is already available today.
But using all the features of ST API would be really interesting.

This was just my HO...

--
Sergey V. Udaltsov