ant-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Maldia <emal...@ebuilt.net>
Subject Re: Another stupid new user question
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 21:27:00 GMT
THANKS RUSSEL.  SORRY I misstyped !!!

   WHAT I MEAN IS..

     <javac srcdir="{src}"
        destdir="${buildpath}"
       classpath="/home/whatever/jarfile/jarfile.zip"
       debug="on"
      />

   This doesn't work...

Enrico Maldia

Russell Gold wrote:

> At 2:20 PM -0400 7/5/00, Enrico Maldia wrote:
> >Enrico Maldia wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Again
> >>
> >>        When trying to compile a directory using the javac. In the
> >> classpath parameter relative or direct path doesn't seem to work.  Is
> >> there a way to get around this? Any help would be great.
> >>
> >> Here is the syntax that I'm using
> >>
> >>         <java scrdir=""${src}"
> >>                   destdir="${buildpath}"
> >>                  classpath="/home/whatever/jarfile/jarfile.zip"
> >>                  debug="on"
> >>         />
>
> The first thing that I see is that you are using "java" (which runs a program) rather
than "javac" (which compiles a program). Is that what you intended to do?

> The second thing is that IF you do mean to invoke "java" rather than "javac" your parameters
are wrong. In particular, you are trying to set the classpath on a java task. If you do mean
to do that, you should also include the parameter 'fork="yes"' to make ant start a separate
java process for which it can set the classpath.