ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe Planisky" <j...@srcvision.com>
Subject Ant always rebuilds everything.
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 22:29:52 GMT
Maybe a bug, maybe my ignorance (innocence?)  I'm using ant 3.1
and JDK1.2.2

I have several classes in package com.srcvision.isn.  My source
structure looks like this:

w:\Projects
     \mci
        \com
            \srcvision
                \isn
                    foo.java
                    bar.java

I want my classes to go into e:\, like this

e:\
    \com
        \srcvision
            \isn
                foo.class
                bar.class

Here's the relevant portion of my build file:

<project name="Mci" default="isn" basedir=".">

  <property name="isn.pkg" value="com/srcvision/isn"/>
  <property name="classes.dir" value="e:/"/>

  <target name="isn" >
    <javac srcdir="${isn.pkg}"
           includes="*.java"
           destdir="${classes.dir}"
           classpath="${classes.dir}"
           debug="on"
           deprecation="off"
           optimize="off" >
    </javac>
  </target>

I always start ant in w:\projects\mci.
I always get the message "Compiling 2 source files to E:\"
I thought the whole point of ant was to only rebuild what was out of
date (like make).

In looking at the ant source (javac.java, method scanDir(...)), it
appears that the source and destination file names are derived by
simply prepending the srcdir and destdir properties onto the
filename, which doesn't take into account the package name for
the destination files.

So is there a way around this or is it a bug?

-Joe P