ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Todd <jwt...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: !oh yeah!
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 03:01:17 GMT

yep. you basically can't beat descriptive data and as such
folks will be able to get up'n running in short order (eg
config'ing a web server) or will be able to extend and layer
in new features (eg tools, etc) as well. beats the heck out
of cryptic config files anyday.

if the verbosity is an issue (not in my book) one could
conceivably come up with an xslt transformation allowing
beast ... if one so chooses.

i'm a bit biased with regards to server.xml (i wrote the first
rev back in the day) and with that said i'm impressed with
what folks have done with it. intuitive, clean, nothing but
goodness all around.

- james