ant-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Haas <>
Subject Re: icvs integration
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 07:56:25 GMT

Can't a CVS task based on jcvs be included in ANT without adding jcvs
itself to apache. Other optional task do the same. Also, the current CVS
task can only be used, if you already have cvs installed on your machine.

+1 to put it in the optional package without adding the jcvs library to ANT.

In the end the two CVS task may even be merged, and depending on your
system the jcvs part is compiled and available or not.

- tom (Peter Donald) wrote:
> At 07:18  3/7/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >i wrote this before but it probably get lost. i have a integration of
> >an jcvs export for ant. now we have a license problem. has anybody an
> >idea what to do?
> unfortunately there is very little that can be done. It is just not able to
> be jointly procided. The only options you have are to go after original
> author to release under a APL friendly license or rewrite it yourself :<
> Cheers,
> Pete
> | "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want |
> | to test a man's character, give him power."          |
> |       -Abraham Lincoln                               |

View raw message