ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Badly resolved files in Ant task
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 05:40:40 GMT
At 05:02  26/7/00 +0200, you wrote:

> PD> <ant antfile="one.xml" dir="1.0"/>
>
> PD> resolves to "one.xml" not "1.0/one.xml".
>
>I think you are wrong here Pete. dir is a File not a String so the
>slash shouldn't matter (talking of the CVS version).

yup your right.

>The problem seems to persist with the latest CVS version though. I'm
>having another look.

Hmmm .... I was thinking basedir property is actually overidden when the
second one.xml is read - resetting the directory to "." most likely. Which
would make sense in single project but in two project set up where second
build file is another directory we have to have some way of making the
basedir specified in build.xml relative to the basedir supplied in Ant
task. Does that make sense ???
Cheers,

Pete