ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Jikes problems
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:29:07 GMT
At 01:16  25/7/00 +1000, you wrote:
>I am having a few problems with Jikes and ant.  When I compile my code
using the
>classic compiler all is well.  When trying jikes it complains about missing
>classes.  When I compile for the second time the compile errors go away.
>
>Is this a problem with jikes or ant?

depends on what version of ant/jdk/jikes you are running. Jikes will not by
default add classes.zip, rt.jar or any of extensions jars into classpath.
To fix this you need to manually place them in classpath. However I believe
a recent version of ant will automatically add classes.zip (for jdk1.1) or
rt.jar (for jdk1.2+) to classpath if you are using jikes.  Older jikes may
also have "features"

Cheers,

Pete