ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject RE: Spurious Output
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 01:55:11 GMT
At 11:02  17/7/00 +1000, you wrote:
>Conor,
>
>I must have missed the initial discussion about task level logging.
>Could you explain how you envisioned it working in the scenario I
>outlined?
>ie (Could it)/(how would it) redirect/quench any output from some task?

I don't believe there was any final decision on logging as such but I
believe the following features were requested (and thus will probably make
it).

* task specific logging (like what you want)
* task output format changes (already done/possible via different loggers
like XmlLogger)
* logging that suppresses output unless a task fails - and will then log
all output of said task (I am not sure if anything was done about this)
* emacs-friendly output (ie never decided upon method)
* logging to file/mail/whatever
* logs sent to email on fail

hmmm I believe there was more requests but my memory fails me :P

Cheers,

Pete