ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: templates ...
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:05:46 GMT
At 05:36  11/7/00 +0400, you wrote:
>YESS! I did it an hour ago (I am really glad that you offered the
>solution I already know about). But:
>${subproject} is always "blah"! I cannot make ant change it!..
>It is always taken only one time - on first "property" tag...
>Any ideas?

yep change the name of the following method in taskdefs/Ant.java

from "public Task createProperty() {" to "pblic Task createSubproperty() {"

and change
> <target name="build_foo_project">
>   <ant antfile="build_tmpl.xml">
>     <property name="subproject" value="foo" />
>     <property name="src" value="foo/src" />
>   </ant>
> </target>

to read

> <target name="build_foo_project">
>   <ant antfile="build_tmpl.xml">
>     <subproperty name="subproject" value="foo" />
>     <subproperty name="src" value="foo/src" />
>   </ant>
> </target>

or something like that - replacing subproperty with something more
semantically correct if you can think of anything :P.

Bootstrap ant and away you go :P. Mind you I missed original mail (is
anyone else having problems with mailining list ???) so I am not sure if
this solves your problem.

Cheers,

Pete