ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject RE: Question re: jaxp.jar and parser.jar
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:45:18 GMT
At 01:56  10/7/00 -0700, you wrote:
>The idea being that we could call ANT by just saying:
>
>  java -jar ant.jar [params...]
>
>and java will look at the manifest in ant.jar to figure out the main and
>what to
>add to the classpath. Does this work in practice? or is it some badly
>thought
>useless functionality?

It is great. I use it with a lot of my other apps. However you have to
specify path to other jars relative to ant.jar. Hence there has to be some
standard way to keep these other libraries about.

>I may try to experiment with it. If no one has tried.

go for it - should be a simple Manifest ala-

---
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Class-Path: jaxp.jar parser.jar other-support.jar
---

Thou that may be slightly wrong as it is from my head :P

Cheers,

Pete