ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: icvs integration
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 08:02:00 GMT
At 09:56  4/7/00 +0200, you wrote:

>Can't a CVS task based on jcvs be included in ANT without adding jcvs
>itself to apache. Other optional task do the same.

Well I haven't looked at specifc cases in optional package anything that is
gpl'ed disallows using any method names including constructors which means
you have to do everything through reflection. A real PITA especially if you
need to call lots of methods :/.

>+1 to put it in the optional package without adding the jcvs library to ANT.

well I would like it there aswell but doing so would require a PITA
programming model (ie through reflection). And it would still require a
seperate download - so if you wanted it you may aswell package up the task
with jcvs and put it on a web page.

Cheers,

Pete