ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Winkley, Dennis x66244" <DWink...@bis.adp.com>
Subject building only changed files after getting those files from versio n control system
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:54:58 GMT
I am currently working on a project for which ant has been chosen as the
build tool.  I was wondering if anyone had figured out a way to make sure
any 'new' files checked out from a version control system are built without
completely cleaning the directory.  The issue here is that I may have done a
build after the time that a file was checked in (i.e. I do a get every
morning and may very well have done a build at say 4:00 the previous day but
someone checked in a file at noon on the previous day so the class file date
is still later than the source file date).

If this hasn't been dealt with, I was wondering if it might be possible to
make it so the javac task sets a class files date to match the source file
date and then have it compile any file where the dates aren't exact matches.
??

Dennis