ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Humphrey Sheil" <humphrey_sh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Optional EJB tasks (was RE: Subpackages of ...taskdefs.optional)
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 07:31:03 GMT
We are currently looking at doing the same thing and would be very
interested (our current approach requires too much on the part of the
developers building beans).  I read the 4.5.1 post from Conor with interest,
but we are using 5.1 and there are significant differences between the two
versions.

On another topic which we are also addressing (and I'm pretty sure this is
not purely a weblogic problem , rather any EJB 1.1 impl. will have this),
how do you handle the issue of multiple EJBs per package and the current
restrictions on naming the xml dds?  For example, if I have a session bean,
then I need to have two xml files:  ejb-jar.xml and weblogic-ejb-jar.xml.
For an entity, I need another which describes the persistence mapping.

I've looked and I don't see a way to change the naming of these files.

One workaround is to prefix the name of the bean to the deployment
descriptors to give each file uniqueness at storage time, then your EJB task
could strip this prefix off at build time before building the beans in their
own working directory (this was suggested on the weblogic news groups -
there doesn't appear to be a more elegant solution out there).

If you post your task and haven't already addressed this problem, I'll take
on extending it to do this.

Humphrey