ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ernst de Haan <er...@jollem.com>
Subject Javadoc task problems
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 15:09:28 GMT
Hi,

First of all, thanks for providing Ant. I may have said this before, but
I really like this tool. And the fact that it is both free and open
makes it even more attractive :)

I do have 2 small problems with the Javadoc task:

(1) The `linkoffline' option does not recognize the second argument. So
    I cannot seem to add a packagelist for the offline linked API docs.
    I worked around this by making the first package name the location
    of the packagelist. Hehe. It's one of those good old dirty hacks,
    but hey it works!
    Suggestion: Add a `linkofflinepackagelist' option or whatever. The
    implementation should be straightforward, and avoids clashes between
    package names and the optional second argument (which is in fact
    very dirty)

(2) I cannot seem to be able to use my custom doclets. I am attempting
    to write a doclet that does a bi more checking than the standard
    doclet, but produces the same results. I am attempting to subclass
    from Sun's standard doclet, but I'm not sure this is going to work
    or even if this is legally allowed.
    I can see in the source for the Javadoc task that a `docletPath'
    property is recognized, but never used.
    Suggestion: Make a simple change to the Javadoc task to include the
    `-docletpath' option on the command line.

Ernst