ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Chaganthi, Madhusudan R." <m...@cdc.gov>
Subject RE: WebLogic 4.x EJB Tasks
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 20:11:55 GMT
Ken
You can, if you modify the DDCreator.java and the DDCreatorHelper.java to
accept an argument.
FOr example I added the following line (position 119)
ddCreatorTask.setJvmargs("-ms128m -mx128m");// in the DDCreator.java
GL
Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Liu [mailto:kliu@auctionlogic.com]
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 3:55 PM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: conor@cognet.com.au
Subject: RE: WebLogic 4.x EJB Tasks

Conor,

I just got around to trying out the DDCreator and ejbc tasks.  I'm following
up here on a post from last week:

My questions:
1) Did anyone ever come up with a patch to EjbcHelper to allow the
"-compiler jikes" to be passed in?  I may do this if it hasn't already been
done.  It's great to be able to skip the ejbc, but ejbc is really really
slow without jikes.

2) I am using TOPLink for Weblogic, which requires that the System variables
"weblogic.home" and "weblogic.system.home" be set in the JVM for the
DDCreator.  When you install TOPLink it installs some jar file into
/weblogic/lib which DDCreator then finds using those System variables.  This
is only for TOPLink beans of course.  So my current DDCreator task looks
something like this:

<java classname="${ejb.ddcreator}" fork="yes"
jvmargs="-Dweblogic.home=${lib.weblogic.dir} -Dweblogic.system.home=${lib.we
blogic.dir} -cp ${classpath}" args="-dir /build/classes/[path to
bean] -outputfile SomeEjbDD.ser ${src.dir}/[path to bean]SomeEjbDD.txt"/>

So my question is: Can I pass the jvmargs to the <ddcreator> task?

Ken