ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Chaganthi, Madhusudan R." <m...@cdc.gov>
Subject RE: Calling a task from another task directly?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:30:11 GMT
James
4.5.1 too needs .jar and NOT .ser for bean deployment.
So what seems to be the issue here in 5.1 which is different from 4.5.1??
Let me  know
Thanks
Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: James Higginbotham [mailto:james@momentumsoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 6:16 PM
To: Ant-Dev
Subject: Calling a task from another task directly?

All,

I have a possible need to execute the building of a JAR for generating a
pre-deployment EJB in WebLogic. I have considered constructing a custom task
to handle the creation of the JAR and calling WebLogic's EJBC althougher,
rather than forcing the build.xml file to first define a JAR task and then
calling my EJBC task. If I did this, would this break a design guideline of
Ant? Is there a better alternative? I know that Conor is working on a
WebLogic task, but it is only supporting WL 4.5.1, and my beef is with WL
5.1 which uses .jar files rather than .ser files for doing all of the
generation magic. Thoughts, suggestions?

Regards,
James