ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Elkins" <celk...@scardini.com>
Subject Re: Using old ant.jar in build.bat?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:14:52 GMT
> Is the consensus that:
>
>    Bootstrap is for a complete clean rebuild from source
>
>    Build.bat/sh is tailored for building Ant
>
>    Ant.bat/sh is general purpose for building any project
>
> If so, it is my preference that we should clean up so that the bootstrap
> script calls the build script which calls the ant script.  Single point of
> maintenance and reduced confusion.
>
> The build script certainly could set ant_home to ".".

+1   And I personally think the build script should *always* set ANT_HOME to
".".  I just ran into this problem again while updating my local Ant
installation:
  - ANT_HOME=C:\ant
  - running bootstrap.bat runs successfully
  - running 'build.bat -Dant.dist.dir=C:\ant dist' fails because it's using the
ant currently in C:\ant rather than the ant just created by running
bootstrap.bat

Of course, temporarily setting ANT_HOME to null allows the build/installation
process to run successfully.

--
Christopher Elkins