ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Laird Nelson" <ljnel...@unix.amherst.edu>
Subject Javac task questions: deprecated file copying?
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:56:18 GMT
I'm having a bit of trouble with the javac task.

As I understand it, if I invoke it at the top of a source tree, it will comb
through the directory tree, javac *.java in there, will find every other
file in there and add it to a list of files to be copied, and will finally
ensure that both the resulting .class files and the "support" files will be
copied to destdir.

When it does this, it tells me that this behavior is deprecated, and then
proceeds to do it anyway.  That's fine that it's deprecated; I think the
copying of extra support files automatically is silly and I want to turn it
off.  However, I can't seem to see a way to turn it off.  The excludes
attribute does not seem to prevent the javac task from picking extra stuff
up.

Additionally, on a slightly different topic, although CVS files are excluded
by default, files found in, e.g., CVS/Base are not.  Since anytime you do a
cvs edit (I think) a copy of the file being edited ends up in CVS/Base, then
that file gets included in the compile run.  Ick.  The workaround is to do
excludes="**/CVS/**".

Thanks,
Laird