ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nikolay Diakov" <>
Subject dependency
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:45:05 GMT

This question may have been posted before.

I'm interested in something like a 'dependency aware pattern'.

When a specific task processes files, it normally uses input and
output filenames (probably using some patterns), that only differ in
the extension of their filenames. Provided this, what is the easiest
way to implement check for the time of the input files against the
time of the existing output files (if any) at the destination
directory. I would like to see a solution that does the checking with
the time of the source file and the output file time, and then decides
whether to pass it to the processing task to generate the new output

I can implement this myself, just want to know whether somebody did
something like this already with the stadard task set comming with

View raw message