ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe Bowbeer" <joe.bowb...@go2net.com>
Subject building for JDK1.1
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:37:29 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on extending JDOM's build.xml to add support for
building a JDK1.1 version of JDOM.

This is easy in principle as long as JDOM code uses explicit
imports and avoids a couple a Java2 specifics. Running a sed
script over the source files, to substitute the 29 collections
package names, does the trick.

  http://java.sun.com/beans/infobus/collectionsreadme.html

JDOM is using Ant, so I'm intending to make an Ant task for this,
but I wanted to check with this list first to see if it's already
been done, and, if not, to solicit suggestions.

Although a JDK1.1-specific task would suffice, I'm considering
making a general directory-enabled task that accepts an ORO
expression argument and applies it to the files in the directory.

Would this general task be a candidate for inclusion in the Ant
core?

--
Joe Bowbeer